Volunteer and Special Events Assistant
20 Hours Per Week
Manages volunteers for all areas of the Mission under the direction of the Development Director, and coordinates special events and provides administrative assistance.
- Effectively recruit, train and schedule volunteers to assist in all areas of the Mission and for special events.
- Work with all departments in providing volunteers for various tasks.
- Provide prospective volunteers with an orientation of the Mission and tour of facilities.
- Represent Mission SOLANO to organizations wishing to volunteer such as churches and corporations.
- Ensure that volunteers are being effectively utilized based on their skills & gifts.
- Develop high impact volunteers.
- Complete and maintain monthly summary report of number of volunteers and hours by departments.
- Continually develop volunteer policies and procedures.
Special Events and Development:
- Maintain a calendar of special events.
- Organize, execute, and coordinate volunteers for special events.
- Maintain summary reports of special events and development efforts to analyze and measure effectiveness and productivity.
- Track and maintain expenses within established budget.
- Provide assistance to Development Director in researching, developing, executing, and following through on development projects.